Legal Requirements

Notice of Intended Marriage - before you marry you must submit this form to me at least one calendar month  before your wedding date and no earlier than 18 months. This can be downloaded from the link above or from the links section.

The NOIM form must be completed neatly using a black pen and can be signed before any of the listed approved persons found on the back of the form (except for myself if you are from elsewhere in Australia).

You will also need to produce the following...

  • Original birth certificate or Passport (if born in Australia)
  • Original birth certificate or Passport (if born overseas)
  • If previously married, your original Certificate of Divorce or, if your previous partner is deceased, an original Death Certificate. Copies of the previous certificates can be sent to me, but I will need to sight the original copies before your ceremony. If you need to get copies of any of the above certificates, please contact your state’s Birth, Death and Marriage Registrar.
  • You must be over 18 years of age. According to the Marriage Act (1961), the marriageable age is 18 years. In exceptional circumstances, one person must be 18 years, and the other be over 16 years, with court permission and parental permission.